Jane is a 30-year East Side resident and lives in Ward 7’s Mounds Park neighborhood, where she and her husband, David Murphy, purchased their home in 1984 and raised their son Sam, a 2003 Harding High School graduate. Jane’s husband is a landscaping designer and contractor.
As an attorney, a community volunteer and as a city council legislative aide, Jane has an extensive record of innovative problem solving and consensus building on issues of broad community concern.
- Attorney in private practice representing individuals and businesses in municipal land use and zoning, licensing, permitting and ordinance and enforcement
- Dayton’s Bluff Community District Council volunteer on 3M Site Redevelopment Advisory Task Force, the Near East Side Economic Development Implementation Strategy, and the University Community Advisory Committee
- Buy Local business advocate with Metro Independent Business Alliance
- Legislative Aide to St. Paul City Councilor Jay Benanav
- Communications Specialist, St. Paul’s Department of Planning & Economic Development